Ecosystem Partner: Mina Protocol
The Koios ecosystem consists of many parties and individuals with whom we partake in all kinds of activities. One of those partners is the ecosystem behind Mina Protocol, ‘The world’s lightest blockchain, powered by participants’.
Mina is a lightweight blockchain, so participants can quickly sync and verify the network. They work with SNARK-Technology and have ‘Snapps’, cool stuff! Can’t wait and wanna take a Quick Peek? Check out their 2-minute intro video, visit their website or their communities.
Therefore, we are proud to have connected with this promising ecosystem and are looking forward to expanding on our engagement with them. This post briefly describes our current activities with Mina and, more importantly: how you can join in the different activities yourself (some offer rewards)!
- The Koios team hosts a Mina Node as Genesis Member and validates transactions on the Mina Network. You can also run a node yourself. With the world’s lightest Blockchain, running a node is easier than ever. Here you’ll find everything you need to get up and to run. Fun fact, their network is secured by independent node operators in over 100 countries around the globe.
- We are setting up a Mina Mini course. The course will keep expanding and iterating over time, as the Mina and Koios Ecosystems will work on it together. This first version will describe the Mina101. Think mission/vision, a high-level overview of the essential elements, and the unique characteristics. And, of course, the basics on how to onboard as a user. The course will be available in the open-source curriculum of the Blockchain Minor on the Koios Platform. Classes are free, and we will even top that: you can earn cryptocurrency with micro-tasks. You are learning and earning at the same time!
- Students, researchers, and lecturers have joined the Mina community. We highly suggest joining their (very active!) Discord with great and knowledgeable community members from all over the world.
- In the future time, we hope to apply their tech to the many field challenges out there. Want to help out the protocol and earn Mina tokens in the meantime? Their Grant program is excellent.
- Co-host events, a.k.a. a guest lecture 2.0, like in the Koios Blockchain Education Week:
Want to join us in our mission towards education as a common, or receive the most recent updates? Follow us on Twitter or contact me personally: